June 10th, 2012 by Lindsey Charles
True Blood is back tonight, and to be quite honest, going into this season, I wasn’t super excited. The show went a little too off the wall for me last season with all the witch stuff and Jesus/Lafayette. I was hoping season five would turn things around and I’m happy to report, it did! I have seen the first four episodes, and while not necessarily up to the season one and two True Blood standards, they were very solid episodes that set up some great things for the rest of the season. But I can’t spoil too much! What I can tell you is five things (thought that was a fitting number) to look forward to in season five.
1. PAM: This is most certainly The Season of Pam. We see flashbacks of her before she was a vampire (her profession was quite interesting and Pam-like). We see how/when she was turned. And she gets involved with another character you wouldn’t expect in a very interesting way. I absolutely adore Pam and I am glad to see her featured so prominently in season five. I think you will be too!
2. GUEST STARS: There are a ton of guest stars this season. Christopher Meloni (who we all know from Law and Order: SVU), Tina Majorino (Mac from Veronica Mars!), Scott Foley, Carolyn Hennesy (Barb from Cougar Town), Valentina Cervi and Lucy Griffiths…to name a few. They all have some pretty interesting roles, and it’s nice to see some familiar faces on TV again.
3. VAMPIRE HIERARCHY: A big part of the season is going to be about the Vampire Authority. It’s this whole governing body that we basically knew next to nothing about until now. It has very interesting rules, a vampire bible (!!) and a council who votes on vampire issues. I found this storyline to be intriguing, but I kind of hope it doesn’t take over the entire season.
4. TARA: Tara, Tara, Tara. Girl gets herself into some big freaking messes, that’s for sure. I can tell you that she will be a part of season five, I just can’t tell you how. What we do know she was involved in the whole Debbie Pelt situation, which will be a big focal point of the first few episodes with Sookie, Alcide and Debbie’s parents. But rest assured, Tara fans, she is back for season five. And I believe a lot of fans will be happy to see how. A
5. STEVE NEWLIN: Remember this d-bag? Well, he’s back and wreaking havoc on Bon Temps and with the Vampire Authority. He makes a pretty big confession in the premiere and it will be fun to see how it plays out. I’m not a big Steve Newlin fan, but I am curious to see how he fits into season five.
Be sure to tune in tonight at 10 PM to HBO for the season five premiere of True Blood.Tweet