January 5th, 2012 by thetvchick
There are a few big, huge things that happen in tonight’s episode of The Vampire Diaries, but I don’t have any desire to reveal big spoilers. So, read on for some tidbits about tonight’s episode.
1. Strange bed fellows: There are some interesting, unexpected partnerships in this episode. Let’s just say desperate situations call for desperate measures. I’m not going to tell you who pairs up, but it sets up some really good stuff for the second half of the season.
2. Someone is absent: There is a character noticeably missing from the entire episode, and it’s someone I quite enjoy. Let’s just say a certain someone’s boyfriend might do some not-so-nice talkin’ about this person while she’s not there to defend herself.
3. Everyone is trying to figure out Klaus’ next move: What is crazy up to next? Clearly, he’s super pissed about Stefan stealing the coffins and wants to find him. But it won’t be that simple. The Mystic Falls folks aren’t exactly about to give in to Klaus’ demands, but do they have a choice? Also, be prepared to use the term ‘Klausageddon’ in every day conversation.
4. Siblings: A huge part of the series is about Stefan and Damon — yin and yang, good and evil — trying to balance each other out in Mystic Falls. Then one goes all Ripper on us, the other goes soft, and they switch places. But a lot of this episode focuses on Elena and Jeremy’s relationship. Jeremy and his issues definitely take front and center. I really won’t say more than that, you’ll have to tune in!
5. New Faces: We are introduced to a new hybrid that Klaus has under his wing and a new doctor, played by Torrey Devitto (from Pretty Little Liars). We already all know Torrey’s character will be around for a bit, so I’m interested to see where that goes. As for the hybrid, he is nice to look at but who knows how long he will be around.
The New Deal airs tonight at 8 PM on the CW.Tweet