May 28th, 2010 by thetvchick
E here with another Flashback Friday! Have you missed me during my absence the past couple of weeks? I’ll just assume yes. In any case, if you have not been keeping up with Boy Meets World on your own, you missed a lot. We sailed through Season 2 and Season 3, and ABC Family is now currently airing the beginning of Season 4. This past week has had some solid episodes.
We’ll start off with “I Never Sang For My Legal Guardian.” This is a Shawn heavy episode. He’s really moody with everybody in this episode because he’s having Dad Abandonment Issues even though Mr. Turner is the most amazing legal guardian. He has a cool bachelor pad, an earring, a mullet, and makes ‘Tang’ Chicken. What more do you want Shawn Hunter?! Blood?! Apparently, he just wants his sketch dad back who is living just a few hours away in a different part of PA trying to pay off a few parking tickets before he continues on his search for his wife/Shawn’s mom. The Hunter men finally run into each other at the local police station, and Shawn convinces him to stay. It’s acting like this that convinced me that I needed that 8”X10” glossy of Rider Strong.
LOL moments go to Mr. Feeny and Cory. In the Mr. Feeny scene, Eric is asking Feeny where he went wrong (as far as his grades are concerned) and Feeny replies, “I’d have to say in 5th grade when you took that ride in the dryer.” Our second one comes from Cory when he pronounces “There’s no such thing as good news before I have my grape nuts.” Ha.
Our featured episode of the week is “The Happiest Show on Earth.” Guys, this is the obligatory Disney World episode. Gotta have it.
- Cory’s been macking on all the girls since he and Topanga broke up (tear). He even has a signature move where he twirls a french fry in his hands before he kisses a girl (gross).
- So, the way we get to Disney is that Topanga, Ronny Waterman (played by the illustrious Andrew Keegan), and this girl Kristen (who Cory was on a date with at the beginning of the episode) win a trip there because of an essay they wrote. Cory has also realized that he loves Topanga and only Topanga so he must follow her to Disney to win her back. While still at school, he uses this line to Topanga: “I was still alone because I wasn’t with you.” ß I’m not a player but I crush a lot right here folks.
- Cory also has a dream every four years that he is kidnapped by ice skaters and forced to do compulsories. Heh.
- Also, in order to cover for Cory while he is gone, Eric is carrying around a gigantic Cory doll. Love it, for real.
- Cory and Shawn travel to Orlando using Shawn’s Uncle Nick’s connections, which leave Cory pronouncing that he has peck marks from the live chickens on the cargo plane.
- OK, so Shawn and Cory find Topanga at the Living Seas Pavilion where the dolphins live. And then we have the classic sitcom mix-up where Kristen thinks Cory came there for her. Ugg, I hate these moments, I really do. They frustrate the heck out of me because no one ever wants to just hear what the legit situation is. But, we then get a fabulous montage with Cory professing his love to Topanga in different weird ways such as swimming in a shark tank with a sign that says “I will chase you forever.” Heh.
- Topanga is having none of this, so Cory goes to sulk with the dolphins (one of which who is not eating because she lost her mate…I see what you did there you clever writers you). And who should be there with the dolphins?! None other than Step-by-Step’s Staci Keanan. She has some words of wisdom, and Cory and Topanga finally get back together, and make-out in front of some fireworks. Glorious!
Other notable episodes this week include “You Can Go Home Again” and “Hair Today, Goon Tomorrow.” In the former, Eric and Cory drive back from their cross-country trip and Eric wants to make a life for himself 3 hours from their home in Pottstown, PA (home of the largest yogurt cup!!). He’s feeling crappy because he didn’t get into college, and doesn’t want to return home to nothing. He meets a girl that that is really depressing because she keeps talking really negatively about herself in a little ol’ me type of way. It seriously made me sad people. Anyway, Alan comes and makes things right and brings his boys home. Alan is also depressed about his career after winning a ‘Grocee,’ which is the highest honor a grocer can get. Can you just feel the wilderness store on the horizon? The latter is the episode where Topanga tries to prove her looks don’t matter and goes and cuts her hair all half-cocked (She does this because Cory is in a mood over his appearance). She freaks out, gets it styled professionally, and is then really into herself. Shawn puts her straight and all is then well with the world. I just had to mention it because I remember being SHOCKED when she cut her hair.
Those are the highlights for the week!! Comment back about your favorite television episode featuring the characters at Disney World/Land. These are always the weirdest episodes.Tweet