June 25th, 2010 by thetvchick
E is back again for another Flashback Friday. Sorry that I missed last week, but a certain cable provider was digging new lines and destroyed my lines to another certain cable provider. It was disastrous. No one takes away my cable and interwebz! Anyway, we’re back, and boy howdy, there is a lot going on up in this Boy Meets World piece.
Here’s a run down for you before we get started on our in depth exploration.
- Shawn met and started dating Angela.
- Cory kissed that hussy at the ski lodge.
- Cory and Topanga break up.
- Cory drinks booze to get over his heartbreak! Scandalous!
- Topanga goes on a date with a guy who likes Van Gogh.
- But, guys, he is trying too hard and is so not Cory.
- Yay, Cory and Topanga are back together!
- Everyone goes to prom, we’re gonna party like it’s 1999!
- Amy Matthews is pregnant. She is sort of old.
- College plans are hard. Should Topanga go to Yale?
- Cory keeps assaulting people to sign his yearbook but no one really wants to. I didn’t ask anyone to sign my yearbook except for my two best friends because I couldn’t handle the pressure and possible rejection. So I just waited until someone wanted me to sign theirs, and then I would have them sign mine. True Story.
- Joey and Frankie tell Shawn and Cory that they think of themselves as the “Cory and Shawn of the underworld.” Heh.
- Guys, Minkus is back for this episode, glorious! Some wisecracking then ensues about where he has been. He points to the distance and then calls out to Mr. Turner. <– I love this so much.
- Also, Shawn is being a major curmudgeon about graduating. Cory gets really wild and unleashes some chickens in the hallway to get Shawn in the hijinx, graduating from high school mood. Doesn’t work.
- There’s also some business going on with Cory telling Topanga that she shouldn’t turn down Yale just on his account. Drama City.
- Feeny assigns one last assignment about what high school has meant to the graduates. This is mostly for Shawn because he’s being such a drag. It’s un-graded, but Topanga is like “I’m doing it, and I’m getting an ‘A.’” She sort of freaks on Feeny, and Feeny tells Cory “Good luck in Hell Mr. Matthews.” <– quote of the week.
- We then had a heartwarming moment when Feeny tells our gang of three how special they are and they’ve done so much for him. Tears.
- Cory is not actually okay with Topanga going to Yale. Guys, what’s going to happen?! Ahh!
- Topanga is then going to give the Valedictorian speech, but then she has Shawn give the speech. Here’s the rundown: Emotional! Feeny! Life! Friends! Home! And then he tells the crowd “I could have done better.” I cried a little.
- Eric then storms the stage and sings “To Sir With Love” to Feeny. It’s sort of creepy. Glee’s version was better, heh.
- And then, oh and then…Topanga asks Cory to marry her. Momentous!
Here’s the deal, Cory and Topanga are engaged. But they are NOT telling people. So keep it a secret peeps. Also, Eric is officially a dummy. It’s sort of annoying. Shawn is going to take some classes. Education is cool. Then Rachel, the annoying redhead, moves in. And I was bummed, because something about her skeeves me. She can go hang out with Morgan as far as I’m concerned.
And then Cory and Topanga tell Shawn and Angela that they are engaged. But, it’s still a secret. Well, anyway, you know how these things go. Everyone finds out and flips out. So Cory and Topanga leave to get hitched via eloping. Once they’re at the altar, Topanga just can’t do it. Cory gets mad, but they’re over it pretty quick. When they arrive back at the house, everyone sort of threw a little party for the supposed newlyweds. There’s some speeches, people are happy. But then Angry Amy is at it again, railing against young love. She literally shouts in Topanga’s face, “Why couldn’t you have just gone to Yale?!” Blah Blah. Cory yells and says they didn’t get married anyway. Everything is worked out at the end, Cory and Topanga are engaged. But, they haven’t set a date. And they’re not going to until they’re ready. And Amy is cool with it now, she just was bummed about losing her little boy.
Not a whole lot of funny going on this week. Lots of seriousness. But college has started, woop woop! Comment back about your favorite graduation episode (so many good ones)!Tweet