August 31st, 2011 by thetvchick
Instead of writing a formal review of last night’s amazing mid-season finale of Pretty Little Liars, very aptly titled “Over My Dead Body,” I thought I’d write my favorite moments. But when I thought about it, I realized they aren’t just favorite moments but also shocking and crazy ones, too. Hope you enjoy! And weigh in with your favorite moments as well!
1. Probably my favorite part of the mid-season finale was the way the story was told. I loved all the flashbacks and flash forwards and time jumps. I thought that was brilliant. At the beginning of the episode, all we want to know is why the girls are in that police station, covered in mud, and the story slowly unfolds in such a fantastic way.
2. The creepy dolls! Oh my goodness, so creepy! I read that Marlene King got the idea for using the dolls from the covers of the books. Amazing. I love that the dolls tell each girl what task to complete.
3. Aria’s task. This task is probably the one that hit me the most. I am a huge “Ezria” fan so having her mess with Jackie (which is clearly rightly deserved, what a biotch), would obviously have ramifications on her relationship with Ezra. When Jackie blackmails Aria later, threatening to expose their relationship unless she dumps him, I did not see that coming. I am sure Aria and Ezra will find their way back into each other’s arms some day, but their relationship might be rough going for a while. Also, did Aria call Ezra at the police station? That’s my guess, but I’m curious to find out.
4. Jenna/Garrett. They have a pretty interesting conversation in the bathroom of the police station about Alison’s death and the girls. The first thought that popped into my mind is — are they A? Then I quickly stopped thinking that and realized that it is very possible they are the ones who killed Alison. If they didn’t, they most certainly know who did. Crazy! This was one big question that was answered in the mid-season finale, and I’m so curious to see what else we will learn about these two creepy, creepy people.
5. Emily seeing Alison. We as an audience suspect that she was dreaming/hallucenating from carbon monoxide poisoning. But was she? Is Alison still alive? Does Alison have anything to do with A? Also, I loved the shout-out to the theme song when Alison told Emily, “Two can keep a secret if one of them is dead.”
6. The Ezra/Ella Montgomery stand-off. Of course, Ella still thinks Ezra is dating Spencer. But when Ezra shows up to the police station, Ella really lays the smack down. She also says at the very end something about Spencer and we can see Ezra’s confused look. Also, he told Ella that he’s in love with her. This is so sweet on so many levels. But will Ezra continue to let Ella think he’s dating Spencer? Will he try to dispel the rumors by saying he is there to check on his former students? Only time will tell.
7. Hanna’s task. Her doll told her to stop the wedding. I wasn’t sure if she would go through with it, but I suppose when someone’s livelihood is in your hands, you are going to do whatever it takes. It was still pretty shocking though when she stopped the wedding midway through and asked to talk to Isabelle. I really hope Hanna and her dad’s relationship can be repaired after this.
8. Spencer and Toby. I love this relationship. It was so unexpected when it happened, but it has been such a great surprise of the show. It was so heartbreaking when Spencer came so close to confessing everything to Toby and then couldn’t do it. Her task was to keep Toby safe, which I suppose she did, but I hope this relationship will be repaired.
9. Darren Wilden is back! Remember him? He played a very very big part in the books so I’m curious to see what role he is going to play in the second half of the season. It seems he might be working with Jenna and Garrett and probably knows more than he leads on. Whatever the case may be, don’t trust Wilden, girls!
10. The diner scene. A is there and the waitress refers to A’s pretty eyes. This could be a reference to Jenna, because we barely ever see her eyes. But then how can she be two places at once? She was just in the police station with Garrett. So if it’s not Jenna (I don’t think it is), the A mystery is still out there.
I have to say this mid-season finale was just amazing. It had a huge cliffhanger and left me with many more questions, but it also gave a lot of answers as well. I am so excited to see the second half of the season. Is it January yet??Tweet