March 6th, 2012 by Sarah Maines
On Sunday, March 4th Once Upon a Time made its PaleyFest debut. The cast/crew brought a new episode (“Dreamy” that aired later that night) and the first 10 minutes of the following episode.
Co-creators Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz as well as EP Steve Pearlman joined Jennifer Morrison, Josh Dallas, Ginnifer Goodwin, Lana Parilla, Robert Carlyle, and Raphael Sbarge.
The crowd was full of enthusiastic fans, but the event didn’t have the same energy of the day before at the Community panel where fans were celebrating keeping that show alive for three seasons. Even creators Kitsis and Horowitz acknowledged that their show was a hit straight out of the gate and that season 2 is pretty much a lock!
Here are some other highlights from the panel discussion:
• Every actor on stage at the event was the first choice to be cast in that role.
• Josh Dallas previewed that even though Kathryn is seemingly out of the way for David and Mary Margaret to finally get together, no one gets a happy ending in Storybrooke and there will be more obstacles for that couple to face.
• Archie will be getting some new patients! David and Mr. Gold are going to find their way into therapy.
• We’ll get to learn more about August Booth before the end of the season.
• Barbara Hershey is going to show up as the Evil Queen’s mother in episode 18.
• Kitsis thinks it’d be “disappointing” if we never saw Maleficent again, so I think it’s fair to say that Kristin Bauer will be back at some point.
• There are a lot of fairy tale stories that the writers would love to explore (like The Little Mermaid) but for the rest of this season they want to focus on the season-long arcs they’ve been developing.
• The EPs want to see more of The Mirror/Sydney so they’re work around Giancarlo Esposito’s schedule if his pilot gets picked up.
• We’re going to learn what Snow did to piss off the queen.
• During the audience Q&A section a very sweet grandmother thanked Josh Dallas for helping her granddaughter move on from her Justin Bieber obsession. Miracles do happen, folks.
Overall, it was a fun 2 hours of celebrating one of this season’s biggest freshman hits. Next week’s episode of Once picks up right after “Dreamy” ends so make sure to see what happens to David!
Be sure to check back soon for more PaleyFest write-ups!Tweet