March 12th, 2012 by Sarah Maines
The cast and creative team behind Revenge made its PaleyFest debut on Sunday, March 11th. After screening the first 20 minutes of the April 11th episode, the cast took the stage for a discussion about Daniel’s upcoming trial, flashbacks, the Emily/Daniel/Jack love triangle, and more!
Here are my picks for the top ten moments of the panel:
10. Accent confusion! Josh Bowman is British (who knew?!) [Ed. Note: One of the things I've always enjoyed about him!] and many fans think that Ashley Madekwe and Christa B. Allen use fake accents on the show (both use their natural accent).
9. Daniel’s trial will begin in episode 18 and be wrapped up by the end of episode 19.
8. During the fan Q&A, a woman asks Nick whether Jack will pick Amanda or Emily. Nick misheard and thought the girl asked him “Amanda or family” which lead Nick to give a thoughtful statement about how Declan is all Jack’s got…once Nick finally figured out what the actual question was, he replied that Jack would go for Amanda at the moment because of the connection he believes that have in the past and that he’s already been rejected by Emily.
7. “Vengeance is coming” – Madeleine on the Victoria/Grayson divorce
6. Creator Mike Kelley always knew that Daniel wouldn’t be the body on the beach. Over the course of the season he thought about mixing that up, but knew the fans would never forgive him for killing Daniel.
5. “I’ve said it once before and I’ll say it again: If it’s not impossible, we’ll probably do it” – Mike Kelley on whether or not David Clarke is still alive!
4. Emily VanCamp: “People want to see the take down of the rich” Madeleine Stowe: “…but your [character is] rich!”
3. [SPOILER for April 11 episode] Victoria sends a group of thugs to beat up her son in prison. Madeleine explains: “In Victoria’s mind the best way to get her son out of jail is to get the daylights beaten out of him. I actually think it’s utterly justified, but it’s going to cause a big problem between them.”
2. There’s an entire episode coming up set in 2002. Kelley calls Emily’s “origin story” and we’ll travel back to the day of the party in Lydia’s photograph (the one that has Emily as a server)
1. Season one will end on a cliffhanger and Kelley hopes to follow a similar format in Season 2: “set up a mystery in the beginning, pay it off in the middle, fall it out, and then set up some new stuff.”
Revenge returns in April with all new episodes on Wednesday nights on ABC.Tweet