March 11th, 2012 by Sarah Maines
On Saturday, March 10th PaleyFest hosted The Vampire Diaries for the second time in 3 years. Creator Julie Plec along with Nina Dobrev, Ian Somerhalder, Paul Wesley, Matt Davis, Kat Graham, and Candice Accola took to the stage to talk about the March 15th episode, “1912” and tease a few spoilers for the rest of season three.
Here are my picks for the 10 top moments from the panel (which was hilarious and you should all check it out when it pops up on Hulu in a few days):
10. “Two words: casting couch” – Ian on how Paul’s wife, Torrey deVitto landed her role on the show.
9. Esther’s plan to get rid of her children will be revisited. (Say it ain’t so, Julie Plec! Klaus is not permitted to leave…I won’t allow it!)
8. Nina pitched a TVD goes to Europe episode. Her justification? Gossip Girl went to Paris!
7. Ian joked about their CW level ratings and that nobody watches the show and the crowd yelled their disapproval. Candice Accola suggested a pretty fantastic apology: “Make it up to them. Take your shirt off”. Sadly, Ian’s shirt remained on.
6. Candice isn’t sure that Klaus is such a great romantic choice for Caroline: “Klaus is bad. He’s a mass murderer. His hobbies are turning hybrids to murder people. That’s a terrible Match.com profile”.
5. Ian teased an image that made it’s way onto the internet of Rebekah torturing Damon in an upcoming episode. Hell hath no fury…
4. “If I’ve said out loud, and kill me for it, that the brothers’ relationship is the epic love story of the series, then for them to never actually have that be requited would be really sad, so I’m hoping that brother love will” – Julie on whether or not Stefan and Damon will ever be able to be friends
3. The Stefan-Elena-Damon love triangle will come to a head before the end of the season. “What we’ll see before the end of this season is Elena having to ask herself a lot of questions about ‘Who do I care for?’ and ‘What do both of these men mean to me?” – Julie Plec
2. Matt Davis’ fan fiction. For those of you unaware like I was, Davis tweets his own fan fiction from his twitter account (@ErnestoRiley) and the stories occasionally get so dirty that Julie Plec couldn’t even mention one of her favorites during the panel.
1. “1912” and the discussion with the panelists that followed it. Julie Plec asked those of us in the theater to keep the contents of that episode under wraps, so all I’ll say is that this episode is AMAZING and can’t be missed.
The Vampire Diaries returns this Thursday at 8 PM on the CW!Tweet